Library Learning Center
Welcome to Bonneville Elementary’s Library Media Center!
All students attend a library skills class once a week and receive instruction based on the Utah Core Curriculum for Library Media encompassing Reading Engagement, Information and Research, Media Literacy, and Digital Citizenship. Log in to Canvas to visit the library course!
Lost/Damaged Book Fines
I would really love to have accounts cleared out this year so that all students can start with a clean slate next year. I am providing several options to help make this happen:
- Find and return missing books.
- If you know a book is lost or damaged, you can pay the fine with either cash or check. The school will not be able to provide change for cash paid. Checks should be written to Bonneville Elementary with Library (and your student’s name) written in the memo line. You can pay in the library or at the front office.
- If you are unable to pay the full fine, you can pay whatever amount you are able to pay.
- This year, students will have the opportunity to read away their fines as well. For every hour read, $5 will be deducted from their fines. Extra minutes will not be saved and cannot be used for future fines.
- If books were due during the month of the school closure and you believe they were lost as a result, please reach out to me and I will waive the fine.
We currently have about $2,800 in lost books from the end of last school year and this school year. We would love to recover as many books as possible. If you would like to make a donation to the library, visit https://bonneville.slcschools.org/community/make-a-donation, select Designation: Other and type Library into the designation box.